Social Innovation and Cohesion Institute is partner to the KA1 Training Course «Inclusion of refugees in non-formal education context in youth work» (InfoPack_Inclusion of Refugees here) that will be implemented in Eskisehir, Turkey, from 7th to 15th November 2018.
We would like to carry out this project to address the problem of inclusion of refugees in non-formal education context in youth work while create synergies among the participating organizations to future cooperation for the inclusive education methods.
The refugee population is, mainly, made by young people aged between 13-30; in Turkey the percentage is more then 80%. Most of those young people have to be educated to prevent marginalization; in parallel to this issue there are no opportunities for those young refugees to participate to education processes in the Youth Sector. In additional, youth workers are not competent enough to provide educational opportunities in EU and neighboring countries, especially in places like Turkey and FYROM.
Objectives of the training course:
Thus, the project proposal aims to strengthen the competences of youth workers and youth leaders in finding proper approaches for fostering the inclusion of refugees it also marginalized young people with migration background.
More specifically the projects’ objectives are:
– To strengthen the understanding of inclusion and its challenges for young refugees and young people with migration background.
– To create strategies on youth work context, to improve the quality of youth services developed for refugees and young people with migration background.
– To explore the role of youth work in inclusion strategies on educational services.
– To create and implement local activities on inclusion of young refugees and young people with migration background.
– To strengthen ties between people and organizations engaged in the field of youth work.
To participate please fill in the application form https://goo.gl/forms/p9Rvxyh3Z6UtzXP72 by 30th September 2018